Root Canal Therapy
Our office in Belleville can provide Root Canal Therapy to help treat your mouth. Book your appointment by contacting us today!
What is root canal therapy?
Our dentists at Victoria Dental Arts in Belleville offer root canal therapy to treat an infected tooth.
Root canal therapy is needed when the nerve of a tooth is affected by decay or infection.
In order to save the tooth, the pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth), nerves, bacteria, and any decay are removed and the resulting space is filled with special medicated dental materials, which restore the tooth to its full function.
When might I need a root canal?
Here are some reason you might need a root canal:
- An abscess on the gums
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Severe toothache pain
- Sometimes no symptoms are present
- Swelling and/or tenderness
What are the reasons for root canals?
- Decay has reached the tooth pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth)
- Infection or abscess have developed inside the tooth or at the root
- Injury or trauma to the tooth